ASL Interpreters Deaf and Hard of Hearing Program, ASL
Perspectives Corporation | North Kingstown, RI
American Sign Language Interpreters:
For over 40 years, Perspectives Corporation has been providing quality services to children and adults with disabilities throughout the State of Rhode Island. We are continuously assessing our services and making it possible to grow our programs. Now, we are looking for exceptional talent to grow with us! If you are an enthusiastic ASL Interpreter interested in an exciting and new opportunity, look no further.
Perspectives provides an array of therapeutic services accessible to individuals who are Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing in Rhode Island from in-home early intervention programs to adult programs. Our specialized team is proficient in American Sign Language, or are native users.
Effectively interprets between American Sign Language, spoken English, and atypical language to fulfill the mission of Perspectives Corporation; this includes interpreting for individuals receiving services, employees, management, community members, and stakeholder in a variety of settings. Interpreters will translate and caption materials as needed. In addition, interpreters will advocate for interpreting needs, and be knowledgeable of best practices in the field. ASL Interpreters will adhere and follow the NAD-RID Professional Code of Conduct.
- HS Diploma or equivalent and 3 consistent years working as a sign language interpreter.
- Must hold a certificate in sign language interpretation from the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf, Inc., CASLI, LLC, National Association for the Deaf (NAD 4/5), Board of Evaluators for Interpreters (BEI Advanced/Master), or Massachusetts State Screening.
- Must also have (or be eligible for) a certified license issued by the RI Board of Examiners for the Deaf through the RI Department of Health and must maintain such certifications as a condition of employment.
- Must be able to plan ahead and maintain a flexible work schedule and the ability to travel throughout Rhode Island.
- Knowledge of technology, e-mail, smart phone, DHOH technology, etc.
- Must have good judgment with the ability to problem solve effectively.
- Must display the ability to thrive in a challenging and creative working environment.
- Must have a strong understanding of ASL and Deaf culture.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Must have well developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be comfortable interpreting for Deaf-Blind individuals who use tactile and/or Pro-Tactile sign language.
- Must be able to mentor.
- Must participate in collegial supervision.
- Must be able to translate frozen texts to a digital platform.
- Keeps all assignment related information strictly confidential.
- Remains strictly neutral in interpreting role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interpreting, Linguistics, Deaf Studies, or related field (Desired qualification)
Perspectives Corporation offers: Competitive salary range based on experience, exceptional medical and dental benefits, generous paid time off, 401K Retirement Plan, flexible schedules, AFLAC Supplemental Insurance (optional at employee’s expense), employee referral bonuses, health club membership discounts, flexible spending, Verizon wireless discount, AAA membership discounts, employee recognition programs and incentives, career opportunities, and a dynamic working environment
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com or upload on our website at https://www.perspectivescorporation.com