Clinical Director of Outreach and Tracking
Tides Family Services | West Warwick, RI
Tides Family Services is looking for a Clinical Director of Outreach and Tracking Services. The Clinical Director is responsible to manage the agency’s Outreach and Tracking services. Outreach and Tracking services provide intensive case management and community/ home based informal counseling to youth and families across Rhode Island. The Clinical Director works directly for the VP of Treatment Programs and is responsible for the management and supervision of outreach and tracking supervisors and licensed clinicians.
Careers at Tides Family Services offer the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children and their families. The candidate of this position will employ a variety of interventions with children and their families at home and in their communities in attempts to preserve families in their communities.
Some Responsibilities include:
- Policy implementation for Outreach and Tracking program;
- Identify and provide needed trainings for Outreach and Tracking staff;
- Develop and direct new program approaches when appropriate
- Provide clinical supervision to assigned Outreach and Tracking clinicians and supervisors;
- Provide case clinical consult through Utilization Reviews;
- Facilitate case review/high risk case meetings with outreach and tracking teams;
- Maintain caseload as deemed appropriate and assigned by supervisor
- Conduct intakes an assessments with children and families as needed;
- Provide clinical consultation to assigned clinicians, program staff & supervisors when appropriate;
- Provide peer supervision/consultation to clinicians when appropriate;
- Oversee all quality improvement activities for the Outreach and Tracking program
- Participate in on-call rotation
- LICSW/LMHC required.
- Experience with the child welfare and juvenile justice population and system;
- Valid driver’s license and registered/inspected vehicle.
Benefits include travel reimbursement, medical and dental plan for individual or a family medical and dental plan, paid vacation, paid holidays and paid sick days. Other benefits are listed on our website, www.tidesfs.org.
Tides was founded in 1983 by Brother Michael Reis, a DeLaSalle Christian Brother, with $15,000 seed money. The Lasallian mission is to serve the neediest and poorest families in the community. Brother Michael realized interventions needed to happen before kids were placed in out-of –home care. He founded a much-needed “agency without walls” where outreach workers and clinical social workers meet with and provide critical services to youth in their homes, neighborhoods and schools. Today, we provide 24/7 services 365 days a year through 120 staff and an $8 million budget.
Tides Family Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Tides Family Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.