Direct Support Registered Nurse
West Bay Residential Services, Inc. | Warwick, RI
This full-time Direct Support RN position will work one-on-one in an employment and community-based day services setting where he/she is responsible for monitoring, oversee and direct the general health and medical needs of a young adult with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Clinically competent in the delivery of care to individuals utilizing the nursing process of: assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation. Effectively interacts with people served, team members and professional staff, while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Licensed by the RI Department of Health to practice as a Registered Nurse
- Preferred experience in the field of Human Services and/or Developmental Disabilities.
- Must have CPR & 1st Aid certification, Valid RI Driver's license, insurance, and registration.
- Full Time: 35 hours Schedule: Mon-Fri 8:30 to 3:30 PM Pay Rate: $27/Hourly
- Excellent Benefits: Individual and Family Plan Health and Dental Insurance; Agency-sponsored Life Insurance; 401K; Vacation Time; Sick Time; Employee Health & Wellness Programs and Incentives
Essential Job Duties:
- Monitor, assess & advise the Lead RN & Leadership team on the person’s healthcare needs.
- Promote wellness by applying nursing processes.
- Each month outline all appointments scheduled for the month, accompany to appointments, as needed. Provide information and forms needed to successfully complete appointments.
- Maintain open and positive communication with the people we support, co-workers, community patrons, their families, and health care providers.
- When indicated by leadership team, clarify hospital discharge, medication orders, or plans of care. Take part in hospital discharge/intake process.
- Provide competent healthcare training for support staff.
- Assist with maintaining and updating medical records.
- Supervise the disposal of discontinued medications/other medical supplies in accordance with OSHA regulations and legal requirements.
- Attend required state and agency trainings
- INTERESTED APPLICANTS SEND YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
- Mail: West Bay Residential Services, HR Dept. 158 Knight Street, Warwick, RI 02886