Development and Communications Director
Tides Family Services | West Warwick, RI
Tides Family Services is looking for a candidate with an entrepreneurial spirit to work in an innovative and dynamic culture of rapid growth and success. This individual will develop new and innovative fundraising strategies to continue to support our strong revenue growth.The Director should have a proven track record of successful fundraising and communications experience and the ability to manage a development team. Tides is looking for a mission and results driven Director to serve as the organization's chief fundraiser as well as create strategy around communication.
The Director of Development and Communications will report to the CEO. This person will envision and implement a targeted, fundraising plan to include the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors to meet planned revenue benchmarks through a variety of giving opportunities, including events. The Director of Development and Communications will manage a Development team of professionals.
Some responsibilities include:
- Execute and manage an annual development and communications plan that includes annual campaign, major gifts, donor cultivation, spring gala, fall golf tournament, stewardship activities and prospect identification.
- Develop a Major Gifts program to steward donors.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors to engage in fundraising activities.
- Work closely with leadership to coordinate existing and new fundraising events.
- Review annual development plan periodically to assess outcomes and develop effective strategies.
- Develop, implement and manage the communications plan consistent with the Strategic Plan.
- Write and prepare newsletters quarterly.
- Supervise the integrity of donor records, gift processing and acknowledgments.
- Knowledgeable and tech savvy about social media and crowd funding platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required.
- Demonstrated success in fundraising.
- Excellent leadership, strategy, management and organizational skills. Well-organized with strong follow-thorough and time management skills. Strongly self-motivated, and able to effectively problem-solve complex issues.
- Experience in effectively engaging and leading staff and leadership volunteers in cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities.
- Demonstrate ability to motivate and build the team.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with proven ability to write, effectively and speak persuasively and an ability to listen to and learn from others.
- Commitment to the mission of Tides Family Services.
- High-level computer literacy and proficiency with donor databases, and the MS Office suite of software applications.
- Ability to grasp and effectively communicate complex programmatic priorities to all stakeholders.
Tides was founded in 1983 by Brother Michael Reis, a DeLaSalle Christian Brother, with $15,000 seed money. The Lasallian mission is to serve the neediest and poorest families in the community. Brother Michael realized interventions needed to happen before kids were placed in out-of –home care. He founded a much-needed “agency without walls” where outreach workers and clinical social workers meet with and provide critical services to youth in their homes, neighborhoods and schools. Today, we provide 24/7 services 365 days a year through 120 staff and an $8 million budget.
Tides Family Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Tides Family Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.