Director of Fund Development and Public Relations
Tides Family Services | West Warwick, RI
The Director of Fund Development and Public Relations will identify plan and manage Tides Family Services’ development initiatives and executes comprehensive development plans and programs, both short and long term, to support fundraising objectives of the organization. This position is responsible for relationship management, gift cultivation, strategic communication, grant writing, special events, public relations, media relations and planned giving.
- Bachelor’s degree required .Master’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of directly relevant experience in Development and/or Marketing field.
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and proven ability to supervise the work of others.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in one or more Development Software products (Etapestry by blackbaud, Sage, etc)
- Proficient in one or more Design Software products, i.e. Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Grant writing experience preferred
- Organizational, record keeping and research skills; attention to details.
- Ability to self-manage workload, multi-task and meet deadlines.
All applicants should include salary requirements on their cover letter.
Tides was founded in 1983 by Brother Michael Reis, a DeLaSalle Christian Brother, with $15,000 seed money. The Lasallian mission is to serve the neediest and poorest families in the community. Brother Michael realized interventions needed to happen before kids were placed in out-of –home care. He founded a much-needed “agency without walls” where outreach workers and clinical social workers meet with and provide critical services to youth in their homes, neighborhoods and schools. Today, we provide 24/7 services 365 days a year through 120 staff and an $8 million budget.
Tides Family Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Tides Family Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.