Functional Family Therapy
Tides Family Services | Providence, RI
Tides was founded in 1983 by Brother Michael Reis, a DeLaSalle Christian Brother, with $15,000 seed money. The Lasallian mission is to serve the neediest and poorest families in the community. Brother Michael realized interventions needed to happen before kids were placed in out-of –home care. He founded a much-needed “agency without walls” where outreach workers and clinical social workers meet with and provide critical services to youth in their homes, neighborhoods and schools. Today, we provide 24/7 services 365 days a year through 120 staff and an $8 million budget. Visit our website atwww.tidesfs.org
FFT is an intensive family treatment model comprised of three distinct phases of therapy delivered over 3-4 months. It is an evidence-based practice focused on building upon family strengths while reducing risk factors. At its core is a focus and assessment of those risk and protective factors that impact the adolescent and his or her relationships within the family. FFT is exclusively home-based and works primarily with the family unit. Appropriate candidates must possess the ability and willingness to meet with their assigned families in their home.
- Master's or Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Counseling or Psychology or related field.
- A desire to provide evidence-based practice and the ability to maintain model adherence and fidelity is a must.
- Prepared to work independently with flexible hours
- Proven documentation skills and intermediate level computer skills including all MS Office programs.
- Fulfillment of background clearance
- Valid driver's license & proof of current automobile insurance.
- Must provide and operate a registered, properly insured automobile
Tides Family Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Tides Family Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.