Human Resource Assistant
West Bay Residential Services, Inc. | Warwick, RI
The Human Resource Assistant is responsible for administrative support of the Human Resource Department with a strong focus on recruitment and the ability to work autonomously. The HR Assistant ensures the department is organized and operates to attract, hire and retain our employees. Must possess a solid background in human resources and have knowledge of federal, state and local labor laws.
An ideal candidate for the position has 3+ years of hands-on HR experience with a degree in Human Resources preferred. Familiarity with our field is a strong advantage. For this role, the right candidate should be able to work autonomously and assist with HR duties including updating requisitions, posting job ads, screening candidates, coordinating communication with candidates, scheduling interviews, conducting background checks and ensuring applicable credentials, acting with the greatest amount of professionalism and with the highest sense of urgency. Ultimately, ensuring the HR department is organized and operates to attract, hire and retains our employees.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
This position requires an extremely perceptive person, who can relate to people at all levels. As unique situations develop, the incumbent must be sensitive to business needs, employee goodwill, and the public image.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training and personnel information systems;
- Knowledge of federal, state and local labor laws;
- Strong employee relations skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Solid organizational skills with an excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of personnel issues and records;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment working with urgency;
- Ability to convey information in a clear and concise fashion, with all levels of the organization, internally and externally, both verbally and in writing;
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiative, think through solutions, multi-task, prioritize, and manage time, as well as be flexible with changing priorities;
- Entrepreneurial drive, work ethic and ownership of projects;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, ATS, and HRIS systems.
- Must be exceptionally organized, diligent, personable.
Salary: $42 to 45K
Days/Hours: Monday through Friday 9-5 PM (Flexibility)
Excellent Benefits (Platinum): Health and Dental Insurance with low employee contributions; Agency-sponsored life insurance; Vacation time; Sick time; Supplemental Benefits (Aflac: Accident, Cancer and Life Insurance); Employee Discounts; Health and Wellness Events