IT Senior Systems Engineer
R I Temps | Pawtucket, RI
Develops and implements technology solutions to support all business processes. Responsible for all aspects of network administration including servers, desktop systems, communications hardware/software and office systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Install core network switches, routers, wireless access point, firewall, intrusion detection/prevention systems (IPS), VPN concentrators etc
- Design, install and configure network and security devices and monitor network traffic in both LAN and WAN environment
- Troubleshoot problems with network and security infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, proxy server and make corrective actions when necessary
- VMWare and Citrix knowledge essential
- Assist with support of help desk ticket and visit offices to troubleshoot and solve problems when necessary
- Assist with planning, design, research and acquisition of new or upgraded hardware technology and recommend modifications as necessary
- Assist with server/client hardware and software installation and configuration, documentation of IP assignment of servers and network devices
- Support mission critical infrastructure and help desk after hours when necessary
- Responsible for updating LAN and WAN diagrams and associated documentation to ensure accurate representation of implementations and infrastructure
- Responsible for analyzing network performance issues and ensure EMR software running with the highest performance
- Perform other duties of a similar nature or level
Ability to mentor and coach junior technicians
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information System, or equivalent expertise and knowledge. Strong knowledge and working experience with network technologies, network monitoring tools and documentation of systems. Visio knowledge is a plus. Strong Inter-personal, analytical t of network operations thinking, and communication skills are essential. Ability to work as a team is a must. Advanced knowledge of trouble shooting, implementation/configuration, and design. Experience with Ethernet, Switching, VLAN, Routing protocols and security. Experience with Cisco Router (ASA, PIX), Switches, BGP (eBGP/iBGP). Knowledge of traffic Load Balancing and monitoring. Experience with Proxy server administration (Barracuda experience is a plus). Good understanding of windows server and DNS, DHCP, SMTP, FTP, SSH, and LDAP/AD. Knowledge of telecommunications protocols and experience with implementing T1, WAN VoIP experience is a plus, not required. QoS experience is a plus. CCNA is a plus, not required.
Senior Systems Engineer
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents and instruction sets
Cultural sensitivity necessary to work with a diverse patient and staff population
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to mechanical parts and electrical connections (power and data). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.