Part Time Nutritionist
Tides Family Services | West Warwick, RI
- Conduct client and family nutritional assessments;
- Provide education and information to families regarding healthy eating and budgeting;
- Create educational materials about healthy food choices;
- Promote better nutrition by speaking to groups about diet, nutrition, and the relationship between good eating habits and preventing or managing specific diseases;
- Provide consultation to Tides Culinary Program;
- Facilitate cooking classes and group activities.
- Maintain documentation in Agency database.
- Valid driver’s license and registered/inspected vehicle.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in nutritional consultation.
- Bi-lingual, English, Spanish, Portuguese, Creole preferred
- Experience with the child welfare, behavioral health and, juvenile justice populations and systems
Tides was founded in 1983 by Brother Michael Reis, a DeLaSalle Christian Brother, with $15,000 seed money. The Lasallian mission is to serve the neediest and poorest families in the community. Brother Michael realized interventions needed to happen before kids were placed in out-of –home care. He founded a much-needed “agency without walls” where outreach workers and clinical social workers meet with and provide critical services to youth in their homes, neighborhoods and schools. Today, we provide 24/7 services 365 days a year through 120 staff and an $8 million budget.