Project Manager / Estimator
Nation Wide Construction | Woonsocket, RI
Project Manager/Estimator - Job Description
Nation Wide Construction is seeking a project manager with supervisory and estimating abilities to join our team. Our ideal candidate would have worked in the field as a tradesman progressing in the industry to supervisory and estimating positions.
· Project manager/Estimator must be well versed in preconstruction planning and bid solicitation through delivery of project.
· Individual is required to understand and have utilized AIA documents and CSI (Construction Services Institute) Master Format codes.
· Knowledge of the total building processes involved in residential, commercial, and rehabilitation/restoration projects.
· Estimating may be performed from formal architectural plans and specifications or as a result of a request for pricing from a client seeking cost estimates based on concept. Experienced in square foot method of costing as well as detailed labor, materials and subcontractor take offs.
· Must have experience with subcontractor/vendor solicitation and scope analysis of each entity as well as the ability to qualify each sub bid to assure accuracy.
· Must be proficient with scheduling (Microsoft Project) and critical path identification as well as versed in design document analysis, code compliance, safety and performance on multiple projects.
· Expect that individual would have experienced in overseeing subcontractors and company employees through project foremen/superintendents to assure timely delivery and quality of project to the complete satisfaction of our clients.
· Manage and track cost goals and change order details.
· Interact with owners, architects/engineers and key company personnel along with concise tracking of information and directives.
- Excellent computer skills. Knowledge Microsoft Office Suite. Strong technical, supervisory and project management skills in general contracting.
- Proficiency in math, budgeting and analytical thinking.
- Excellent time management skills, prioritization techniques and ability to operate under stress.
- Client focus and team approach to project delivery
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with all levels of company staff, subcontractors, vendors, other professionals involved with project.
Education: Formal degree in Construction Management , Estimating or field equivalent as Project Manager and Estimator with a minimum of ten years in those positions.
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (single)
- Vacation pay
- Holiday pay
- 401K retirement benefits and bonus