Property Maintenance Technician II
Preservation Management, Inc. | Providence, RI
Are you interested in helping your local community?
Do you want to work for a company that takes pride in what we do?
If you said yes to the questions above, do I have the position for you ????
Preservation Management, Inc. is seeking a Part-Time Maintenance Technician to maintain the residential building(s) and the grounds on the property. This position is for one of our multi-unit residential properties located at Braeburn Apartments and Chatham Village in Providence, RI.
- Respond to life safety emergencies and other critical incidents; coordinate the response with other site personnel and public safety agencies; notify company management personnel as required by emergency protocols.
- Inspect, maintain, repair, or replace life-safety and emergency equipment, including any item considered a life or safety hazard by REAC, LIHTC, local Codes Department, etc.
- Take turns being “on-call” as part of a 24-hour emergency maintenance call schedule at a site (or at multiple sites).
- Use and maintain the property’s and/or your personal tools and equipment in accordance with the manufacturers’ specifications; report any instances of equipment malfunction immediately to the Property Manager; identify and report any repair that should be done by the manufacturers to the Property Manager.
- Help the Property Manager arrange with contractors for repairs that cannot be handled by on-site maintenance personnel; assist the contractors as directed by the Property Manager.
- Prepare interior and exterior surfaces for painting; use correct application techniques and tools; make sure all surfaces, equipment, and materials are clean when finished.
- Clean common areas frequently including: carpeting, painted surfaces, and stair areas; adhere to property owners’ and PMI standards for cleanliness.
- Conduct apartment inspections and coordinate the assignment of maintenance personnel to restore the unit to a “like new” condition.
- Conduct repairs (routine and emergency), as well as preventive and corrective maintenance, for the following systems:
- Conduct other miscellaneous minor repairs (routine and emergency), as well as preventive and corrective maintenance, as needed.
- Candidates should possess a high school diploma or GED
- 2 years related property maintenance experience preferred
- Desirable applicants have completed industry or trade school course work
- Physical –
- Lift up to 50 lbs
- Shovel or lift continuously for up to 4 hours at a time
- Work in tight spaces
- Work standing for up to 4 hours at a time
- Safely climb ladders up to 26ft
- Experience in the use of business computer systems and software such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook preferred; experience with on-line database systems such as Boston Post Property Manager desirable
- Neat, professional appearance; including work shoes or boots with non-slip soles and protective toes
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a part-time, 25 hours per week position with a competitive hourly wage.
- Paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Roth Retirement plan with company match
All Employment offers are contingent upon completion of a background check and drug screen.