The Key Program, Inc | Providence, RI
RESIDENTIAL CASEWORKER, PROVIDENCE, RI
The Key Program, Inc. is a private, non-profit social service agency focused on helping children, youth and families find ways to pursue productive and rewarding lives. Through a variety of residential and non-residential program models and settings, Key provides direct services each day to over 600 adolescents from the child welfare, mental health, juvenile justice, and educational systems.
Key is currently accepting resumes for the position of "Residential Caseworker" within a Group Home setting for adolescent females, located in Providence, RI. Excellent opportunity to gain extensive hands-on experience within the juvenile justice, social welfare and mental health systems.
Responsibilities: The Residential Caseworker (RCW) works collaboratively as part of the treatment team and is responsible for the welfare of clients in Key's residential programs. The RCW is directly responsible for the daily supervision of clients, the implementation of their individualized treatment plans, and the daily program activities and milieu. Due to the nature of the work and client needs, the RCW works a varied schedule that may exceed a forty-hour workweek (full time).
- Engage clients through positive, appropriate and supportive relationships utilizing a strength-based treatment approach;
- Assist clients with their daily routines while adhering to the program's daily schedule;
- Assist clients in setting goals in accordance with their individualized treatment plans;
- Implement proper supervision techniques to ensure clients are not a danger to themselves or others;
- Schedules and accompanies clients to appointments(medical, school, counseling);
- Contributes in client-related meetings, case presentations, and suggests treatment recommendations;
- Supervises or assists clients with self-administration of medication;
- Completes case documentation in a thorough, professional and timely manner.
Requirements: All candidates must be 21 years of age or older; have a valid state driver's license; and, have a legally registered and insured car for work use.
Education: A Bachelor's degree is preferred in a human service field; a high school diploma or GED is required; one year of relevant experience is preferred.
Benefits: Hourly wage of $15.50; medical, dental and optical insurances; short-term disability and life insurance; training and professional development; tuition assistance; paid vacation and holidays; paid sick and personal time; retirement program; wellness benefit; pre-tax childcare, and more.
To Apply For This Position: Please Visit Our Website At www.key.org