Truck Driver Class B - 2 Overnight Runs per Week
Reeb Millwork | Smithfield, RI
Reeb Millwork Corp of New England is currently looking to fill a Truck Driver position.
We are looking for an individual who is self motivated, results oriented, and has a verifiable work history with a great attendance record.
Position involves driving a truck in a safe manner, adhering to all appropriate State and Federal motor vehicle regulations, to deliver merchandise within a specified delivery area; may require use of automatic routing or location software; may assist in unloading truck. Requires use of electronic logging system.
Essential functions include:
- Obey traffic laws, and follow established traffic and transportation procedures, including DOT regulations
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip safety inspection of the truck and the load
- Promptly report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles to driver supervisor/manager
- Handle paperwork with customer's receiver, following procedures to assure accuracy of product delivered and received
- Follow loading techniques as truck is unloaded to assure items are not damaged in-route
- Responsible for collection of COD payments
- Maintain records such as vehicle logs, records of cargo, or billing statements in accordance with regulations
- Read maps, and follow written and verbal geographic directions
- Report delays, accidents, or other traffic and transportation situations to bases or other vehicles, using cell phones to communicate
- Maintain the cleanliness of the truck, both inside and out
- Maintain a proper image as a representative of Reeb Millwork
- Upon return after completing deliveries, unload any return items and put in designated area for returns
- Communicate with the driver response representative on a regular basis noting any discrepancies or disputes at the customer so disposition can be made immediately
If you would like to apply to join the Reeb Team go to the link below:
Two to four years related experience
Two overnight runs will be required per week
Computer skills helpful with computer systems in trucks
Commercial Drivers License and DOT Certification Card, Valid driver’s license required. Safe driver history/record required for insurance and liability reason.
- Must be able to read and understand English
- Must be able to read a tape measure and understand millwork measurements
- Good hand and eye coordination
- Ability to follow oral and written communication from supervisor
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Benefits:Reeb offers a competitive wage, along with great benefits including medical, prescription, vision and dental coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, company- matching 401(k) plan, paid holidays and vacations.