Vocational Specialist (Disabilities, Recruitment, Social Services)
Perspectives Corporation | North Kingstown, RI
Perspectives Corporation is a private agency whose purpose is to help people with developmental, intellectual and other disabilities participate in and contribute to community life, empowering them with the dignity of being fully independent as possible.
If you are seeking rewarding, purposeful work and want to be part of a growing team of professionals, come join Perspectives Corporation's Employment Department, Rhode Island's top performing employment team supporting individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to achieve their career goals!
Perspectives Corporation has a full-time position available in our Adult Day Services - Employment Department.
The Vocational Specialist assists participants with choosing, preparing for, obtaining and maintaining employment. More specifically, the Vocational Specialist works directly with participants to:
- Discuss options and goals
- Develop and maintain relationships with state partners, employers and other community members
- Locate barriers to employment and work with participants to develop strategies for overcoming these barriers
- Hold meetings and workshops to develop work skills
- Facilitate assessments and evaluations
- Role model for Direct Support Professionals (DSP)
- Maintain close contact with participants during job training and placement.
- High school degree or equivalent
- Two years of demonstrating excellence in providing supported employment
- Ability to establish rapport and relate sensitively to participants and their caregivers
- Strong verbal, written and face-to-face communication skills
- Strong documentation skills, both written and in a computer database
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- High energy & motivation to help participants succeed
- The ability to work autonomously and in collaboration with others
- Valid driver’s license, favorable driving record and insured vehicle
- Post high school education or certificate in a social services, business or related field or equivalent experience
- Certification in ACRE approved training, CESP or present proof of enrollment in an employment specialist program
Competitive salary, excellent health and dental insurance, 401K Retirement Plan, flexible schedules, generous earned time off, growth opportunities and much more!